Thursday, May 31, 2012

5.30.12 - 3 POS Clean Max & Backsquat


3 Pos. Clean Max

Backsquat

3-3-3-3-3

WOD Results: My goal is to work on my olympic lifts at least 3 times a week. Attending the Crossfit Oly Trainer course opened my eyes to some key movements that need to be integrated into my training. 1) loading the hamstrings between the first and the second pulls and 2) that the 1st pull is extremely challenging. Coach B said anyone can snatch (clean) from the hang, but going from the floor to the hang is the hardest thing to teach.

3 Pos. Clean Max = 155. I attempted 175 and got through 2 of the 3 positions. I think the high hang is just intimidating mentally so might have failed the lift before I started.

After listening to the Paleo Solutions Podcast yesterday for most of the day I came across a segment about percentage lifts. The show if you haven't heard it is hosted by Robb Wolf  and Greg Everett of Catalyst Athletics. The long and the short of it is they believe that you shouldn't try to go to max effort on percentage lifts. This includes 5x5s, 3x5s or whatever rep schedule you are using. They were very adamant that you should always leave something in the tank. This will help you avoid injury and not be so sore as to derail your training. Food for thought at least.

Backsquat: 245x3

No comments:

Post a Comment